Excavations in 1910 at Langwell (ND 101219) revealed a large circular structure, perhaps a hut circle, with an attached galleried structure, or wag. The wag was oblong in plan measuring around 16 m in length. The building was entered from within the hut circle and curved around the exterior wall. The oblong wag had rounded ends and was divided internally by a cross wall fitted with a doorway. The inner part of this sub-divided area had three upright stones or orthostats set into the ground on each side of the centre of the structure, forming a central nave and two side aisles or galleries. The roof had been formed of large slabs with one end on the wall head and the other supported on the upright pillar stones. Finds included rotary and saddle querns.